CLOUD COMPUTING – The word cloud was used to refer to platforms for distributed computing. The cloud symbol was to represent networks of copying equipment in original ARPANET as at 1977 and The CSNET as at 1981. Cloud computing is an internet delivery of computing services like software, servers, storage, networking, databases, analytics etc. Companies that offer these computing services are called the cloud providers, and they pay for these service based on their usage. Cloud computing is an online platform That allows users To save Their file.
furthermore, Cloud computing is an online platform that allows users to save their file and applications. Its an easy way of keeping your files rather than keeping them on a hard drive or local storage device. You can access your files on cloud computing anytime, anywhere in the world on the internet. It is a way of storing your files and retrieving it from the internet when you want. In 2008, Garner shaped the relationship of cloud computing among consumers of IT services,
USES OF CLOUD COMPUTING
- It can use an online storage place where you can store and process all your files, application and back them up and retrieve them when you need them.
- you can use it for streaming audios and videos
- it can data analysis for patterns and for making a prediction
- It can a host website and blogs.
- also, it can be used in the creation of apps
- I adopted concepts from service-oriented Architecture, which will also help to break users problems into solution
Why is cloud computing so popular??
I know you should be familiar with The word cloud computing before now, either you have seen it online while browsing or heard It somewhere, yes cloud computing is popular and I will give you reasons for the popularity
It is cheaper to use cloud computing because you don’t have to worry about, buying, and setting of hardware and software for storage. Cloud computing has made it easier to store files online.
Not only is cloud computing cheaper use it is also quick to use, with just a few mice clicks you can store or retrieve any files without wasting time, it reduces network latency for applications. Cloud computing is upgraded to the latest version of fast and efficient
IT Teams can now spend time on achieving more important business goals because cloud computing has removed the need for too many tasks like hardware set up, software patching.
it is reliable
You can backup your files and still retrieve every one; it makes business continuity less expensive and easier.
- It uses pay as you go just like how being charged at home on electricity, you will pay based on the amount electricity you have consumed. In August 2006 Amazon introduced “elastic compute cloud”
- READ ALSO: Google cloud print – Cloud Print Setup and Google Cloud Printers
- The control of the back-end infrastructure is limited to cloud vendors only.
- the management policies are decided by cloud providers which make it difficult for users to do also with their deployment
- Users are limited to the control of her data, applications, and services
TYPES OF CLOUD SERVICES
The various services of cloud computing fall into different categories which will bring us to the types of cloud computing.
- SaaS (software as a service)
- IaaS (infrastructure as a service)
- PaaS (platform as a service)
- FaaS(functions as a service)
- Software as a service (SaaS): software as a service is the type that delivers service on internet, they manage and host the software application, they handle the maintenance, upgrades, and security patching too helps users connect to his application on internet via web browser on their phones, able or computer
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS): IaaS (infrastructure as a service): is an insane computing infrastructure managed over the internet, that provides companies with computing resources IaaS help reduce the cost for users, It helps manage your data, It is flexible.
- Platform as a service (PaaS):
Platform as a service provides room, or environment for developing and managing software applications. It makes it easier for people because it is without the cost of buying and managing hardware, hosting too
Types of deployment
They are more like the classification of cloud computing because no is clouds are the same so they classified into 3 categories which are:
- Private cloud
- Public cloud
- Then Hybrid cloud
- private cloud: as the word” private” implies it is a single business, the service of private cloud is maintained in a private network. Some companies host their private cloud by paying third party service providers to do the hosting.
- Public cloud: they are owned and managed by companies that offer access over a public network they usually party users and fast access to the resources you need, anytime you need it.
- Then the Hybrid cloud is the type of cloud that combines both public and private clouds together by technology that allows data and applications to be shared between them. This also gives businesses or organizations flexibility and more deployments
in conclusion, the goal of cloud computing is to allow users o benefit from all these technologies, without worry about the need for deep knowledge about each one of them, It helps users reduce costs for users and help them focus on their business.