Are you looking for a guide on how to delete or deactivate your Facebook account? Then you are at the right section of this website. I am going to give details on how to delete your Facebook account and the major differences between deleting and deactivating your account.
I use to wonder why anyone will want to delete his or her Facebook account. I got to understand that there are many reasons why you will want to delete or deactivate your Facebook account. Maybe you are worried about the privacy, or have a multiple account and want to keep just one. And for whatever reason, you will find a guide here.
Facebook is a great tool for keeping in touch with friends, family, and loved ones. Facebook for some is now a marketing tool. Learn how to relate with friends on Facebook with messenger following this link. For most users, after constant usage, they tend to get tired of the frequent disturbance of the Facebook messages, updates, likes, pokes and several advertisements which may make Facebook usage tiring and overwhelming. For some people these are what makes Facebook fun.
Differences between Deleting and Deactivating a Facebook Account
There are different ways of doing away with Facebook account. This ways includes deactivating and deleting of the account. The deactivating process means taking your account offline. This action can always be reversible because it is more like a minor deleting of your Facebook account.
When you deactivate Facebook account
Facebook account deactivation is not permanent and you can reverse the action. So when you deactivate your Facebook account that means that:
- You can always reactivate your account any time you want it back
- When you deactivate your Facebook account, it means people can no longer view or search for your account
- Facebook still saves your account so that in case you want to reactivate your account back; there will be no loss of any information.
- With just the deactivations, you can still have access to information’s like the messages you have sent to different people before.
Deleting a Facebook account
When you talk about deleting a Facebook account, it is a serious matter and even Facebook try its possible best to discourage you from deleting your Facebook account. If you plan to delete your Facebook account, then you should know the following tips:
- Facebook will delay the deletion of account for a few days before permanent delete So if you login during this grace period, the deletion process can be canceled and you have access to your account again
- If you don’t login to your Facebook account during these grace periods, then your account will be automatically deleted and you will have no more access.
- You will loss every information’s on that account including messages, updates, pictures and so much more.
- It can take up to 90 days for your information to be totally deleted from Facebook backup. But it is certain that during this period, your information is not accessible on Facebook.
So far, it is right to say that deactivating of Facebook account is a way of staying away from Facebook for a while. While deleting your account is a permanent thing you do to your account. So before you think of deleting your account, you should think twice as the action is not a reversible one.
How to Deactivate your Facebook Account
Follow this simple step to deactivate your Facebook account.
- First you will need to login to your Facebook account
- Click on the arrow down on the top right corner of your Facebook
- Then click on settings
- Select security on the left column
- Now you can click on “deactivate your account”
- Then follow the steps to confirm it
Should you want to reactivate your Facebook account again, you should simply login to your account again using your e mail or phone number. Make sure you put your correct password then you can continue to enjoy your Facebook account again.
How to delete Your Facebook Account
It is in your best interest to reconsider if you really want to delete your account. This process is a non-reversible action. Prior to your Facebook account deletion, you will want to download or obtain your Facebook information which you will need.
The following steps have been put together to put you through.
- First of all, login to your Facebook account
- Click on the arrow head facing down on the top right corner of your face book
- Select download a copy of your Facebook data
- This will be at the bottom part of the general account settings.
- Then you can now click on start my activities
The file then starts downloading. This particular file contains your Facebook profile information. Once that is ready, enter this url http://www.facebook.com/help/delete-account then click on the delete account then follow the provided help there to delete your account. With this action, you have deleted your account permanently on Facebook.