Have you ever tried to backup your WhatsApp messages for the prevention of losing vital messages? then this article is going to put you through.
since many users use the WhatsApp application other than the SMS, it is very important to learn how to backup and restore your WhatsApp chat. If you dont know how to install whatsapp, you can click here
There are several places you can backup your chats on Whatsapp to, this includes backing up to google drive
To back up to google drive, follow the following steps:
- 1. On the interface of WhatsApp go to “Settings > Chats > Chat backup”.Tap on the “Back up to Google Drive” option and select a backup frequency. Of cause, you should not choose the “Never” option.
3. You will be prompted to choose a Google account which you wish to backup WhatsApp chat to. But if you never connect any account before, you should first add an account to it.
4. If you choose to manually back up your chats to Google Drive, you can now click on “Back Up” to start the process.
HOW TO RESTORE YOUR WHATSAPP BACKUP FROM GOOGLE DRIVE
1.Uninstall and then Reinstall WhatsApp
Delete the application. Then download WhatsApp again or look out for the previous packages on your Android phone. Then Reinstall it.
- Sign in WhatsApp then, Tap on “Agree and Continue” and log in to your account. Input your phone number. The application will verify it. After that, you can successfully sign in your WhatsApp account.
- Restore WhatsApp History
If you have ever installed the application on your Android phone, the application will tell you that chat backup found and ask you if you are intended to restore your chat history from backup. Confirm your decision by tapping on “Restore” tab and then the application will help you retrieve your chat history with the previous backup.
Congratulations, with this article you have successfully restored your WhatsApp chat history.
If your messages have failed to restore it could be from the following problems occur:
- Your backup may be too old to recover
- Your SD Card or your WhatsApp backup may have been damaged
- You have a different number that you used for the backup.
APART FROM THIS YOU CAN ALSO BACKUP YOUR WHATSAPP CHAT HISTORY WITHOUT UNINSTALLING
This could be done by using the google drive which helps to prevent permanent data loss. However, when you restore your WhatsApp chat, the new ones will be overwritten by the old ones, for some of the chat which are not in the backup files may be lost forever when you install the google drive backup.
To avoid this follow this steps when you are trying to backup your data.
- If you need to restore the deleted or lost WhatsApp chat only, you are recommended to tryAndroid File Recoveryprogram, which allows you to recover almost all of the data types including photos, videos, WhatsApp messages, contacts and more
- If you are worried about data loss after uninstalling, that is fine as you can use the best Google Drive backup alternative by installing the – Android Backup Restore program, which allows users to backup and restore data in one-click. In addition, you can get rid of the uninstalling and reinstalling process.
Now with this piece of article, you don’t need to worry about the loss of your whatsapp history again, try this and thank me later, let your comments troop in.