Just as we have Google to give us everything about the internet, Sciencedirect has all you need about science. Sciencedirect is the best electronic web portal all scientist should visit on a regular basis. It is comprise of more than 9.5 million sciences related articles with 2500 peered-view article plus over 11000 electronic books.
Sciencedirect.com | Science Journals | Science Articles
Not all science direct articles are open access but science direct has made over 250000 articles open and free for all. So all the articles with open access are free and are peer-reviewed. The open access articles are free to be downloading depending on the authors choice of license.
The articles are grouped according to the following:
Physical Sciences and Engineering
Earth and Planetary Sciences
An so on
Agricultural and Biological Sciences
Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology
Immunology and Microbiology
And so on
Medicine and Dentistry
Nursing and Health Professions
Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmaceutical Science
And so on
Social Sciences and Humanities
Arts and Humanities
Business, Management and Accounting
Economics, Econometrics and Finance
Then Social Sciences
And so on
Sciencedirect.com | Science News
Science direct makes contact the media through the news portal in the website. All press release, latest researches, free access programs, and all Elsevier newsletters are accessible
Importance of Sciencedirect to science
- You can Set alert and manage your preferences on science direct
- Sciencedirect contain large collections of articles on Physical Sciences and Engineering publications. This collection covers a wide range of disciplines, ranging from the theoretical to the applied.
- With over 9.5 billion articles, scientific research is made easy
- Science direct offers free access to scientific journalists and planning to offer such to scholars
- It help understand a wide understanding of life science
- It helps individuals keep up to date in science, health and wide selection of information you wish to know and so much more.
How to Register and Login to Science Direct | ELSEVIER Scencedirect login
Registration to siciencedirect is free and when you do register to the ELSEVIER or SCIENCEDIRECT, you are able to Set alert and manage your preferences. This procedure is as easy as ‘ABC’. There are three ways you can register to have access to Elsevier science direct its listed bellow:
- OpenAthens Login
- Institutional Login
- Other institution login
If you already have any of this access, then you don’t need to do the registering steps bellow. So if you are following the steps bellow it means you don’t have any of the three above. It goes thus:
- Click on the ‘register Now’ is quick and fast
- Note that all the * fields are very important and you can’t move forward if you don’t fill the field
- So fill in your details
- Then set alert and other settings
- Now you can check to receive information from ELSEVIER and its affiliate concerning their product and services
- Then check the CAPTCHA to prove you are not a Robot
- Now you can click on the register button
- If you still can’t follow this simple process, click on the contact us at the bottom
Free Science Direct For Journalists
So that journalist can project science in the right way science direct has made free access available through a media code. Since there work involve a great research work and not just depending on press release. The free access is given to them so they can examine all their data fist hand.
Though this has been available for a long time now and most journalist still don’t know about it. Those that know about it still do not know how to make full use of it. Other possible ways to access the contents of science direct are:
- Pay per view option is available for various individual with this, you can request the article in printed or electronic format.
- Still you can choose to access the open access
- Elsevier store – Elsevier store sells subscription that can allow you print plenty journals and also purchasing different article packages.
- In sciencedirect, You can also access the all abstract and all citations for free