Shopify is one of the top largest e-commerce company with their headquarters in Otta, Ontario. Which was named the fastest growing company by Otta’s business journal in the year 2010 and name of its computer software platform for online, retail store are www.shopify.com. The company was first founded in the year 2004 by Tobias Lutke, Daniel Welnand, and Scott Lake, they attempted to open snow devil an online store for snowboarding equipment.
In June 2009, the company launched an API platform, the API gives room for developers to create an application for Shopify online stores and also sell them on online on the Shopify App Store and this has made life easier for store owners as they can now stay home and manage their stores on their mobile phones. Amazon.com select Shopify as their migration provider and in January 2017, Shopify announced they will merchants to sell on Amazon from their Shopify stores.
Shopify is an online store that allows you to set up an online store to sell your products, it organizes your product, customize your online store, it accepts credit card payment, it can also allow you to track and respond to orders.
Advantages of Shopify
- Shopify allows you to customize your shore into what you like, it provides you with different beautiful and professional store themes, you know when your store looks very attractive it attracts more customers to take a good look at your store and they will be encouraged to buy from you.
- They offer a large app where you can choose from their different apps which are free and paid. They include accounting, reporting, social media, shipping, customer service, management, marketing, fulfillment, and inventory.
- This tool can give you the technology to scale your store but keep in mind that you don’t have to get all these apps initially. You can pick and choose anyone you need and work with it.
- They have a full support, you can reach them anytime either online live chat, phone support or email including 4 international phone numbers that you can reach them, for example, you are a experiencing a troubleshoot in your business with them you can just reach them 24/7.
- They have 14days free without a credit card, a trial to help test Shopify when your trial ends you can pick a plan that best suits you.
Disadvantages of Shopify
- In addition to the monthly fee, customers pay to Shopify, you will still charge a fee of about 0.5%-2% for every sale unless you are using Shopify payments for your transaction.
Let me break this down for; here is how this works you will be charged 2% of transaction fee if you using “Basic Shopify plan”, for customers using “Shopify plan” you will be charged 1% and 0.5% for “advanced Shopify plan” users.
Benefits of Shopify
- Be the manager of your store.
- Creation of web pages and blogs.
- You can track your customer’s order details.
- You get discount code engine.
- Also, You can insert images, description of the product you want to sell.
- You can accept payments from 70 different payment processors in different currencies.
- Sorting of customers by their location, how they spend money so you can understand where your customers are from and how they spend their money so you can market better.
- Setting of private accounts for your customers so it will be easier for them to manage their personal information like their addresses and credit card details,
- The arrangement of products in different categories so it will be easier for your customers to find what they want.
There are five different Shopify plans which are
- Shopify lite-$9 per month: here this plan doesn’t allow you to construct a fully functional online store, but it gives you access to Shopify’s buy button just like in PayPal, which allows you to sell your goods on an existing website or blog, you can also sell your goods on your Facebook page, you can also sell and manage your goods in a physical location.
- Basic Shopify- $29 per month: they allow for fully functional online store
- Shopify – $79 per month: they allow for fully functional online store
- Advanced Shopify – $299 per month: they allow for fully functional online store
- Shopify plus – here fees are negotiable it more like designed with big businesses in mind, it also has advanced features regarding security, APIs, and fulfillment
How to log in on your Shopify app
- First, download the app from your play store on your mobile phone
- Install the app, and app on open.
- If you already have a Shopify account, just start by clicking on log in and enter your email address and pass for your Shopify store but if you are a new user click on sign up and to get a new account.
Forgot your password?
If you have forgotten your password for old users here is how to reset it
- Go to your Shopify app on your phone you will see forgotten password? On your login screen, click on forgotten password?
- Then enter the email address attached to your Shopify account and then click done
- an email will then be sent to the email address you have entered
- Check your email and then click on reset password
- The password rest screen with then open on your browser, enter your new password.
- Enter your new password again and confirm password
- Click reset password When you were done you can now exit your browser and go to Shopify app o enter your new password
Features of Shopify
What you get depends on the plan you are, the following features are possessed by plans from $29 up
- Credit card processing is via Shopify payments
- Varieties of beautiful, professional themes for both free and paid to choose from.
- It has a good search engine which makes it easy for customers to search for what they need.
- Discount codes
- It has blogging functionality
- You can create multiple staff accounts
- You can import and export customer’s data
- It arranges your goods into different categories for easy access
- It possesses content management functionality(cms)
Shopify streamlines a lot of things for you have the flexibility to grow with your business, probably you already have an offline business that you want to bring online or you are new, Shopify is the best e-commerce company to open with, over 50,000 online stores are powered by Shopify, they help you to manage all your technological needs, hosting and your transaction processing time.
By just view Shopify Apart from Shopify being a platform for people to own their online stores, it can serve as a real inspiration for you to see how others are achieving success, you can learn from what they are doing from both what they are doing wrong and right you will also see how Shopify works so everything about Shopify is a benefit, the downside is that it is not free you still have to pay a monthly fee.