Dropbox is a personal cloud storage service which can also be referred to as an online backup service. It is usually used for sharing of files and collaboration. The Dropbox application is available for desktops operating system, windows, Macintosh, and Linux desktop systems. There is also Dropbox application for iPhones,iPad, Android and also some blackberry devices.
The Dropbox service provides a total of 2 gigabytes(GB) of storage for free and also up to 100 GB on various for-free plans. Another option, The dropbox for teams, provides 350 GB storage. The data is stored on the Amazon’s simple storage service which can also be referred to as the S3 and protected with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and the Advanced Encryption System (AES) 256-bit encryption.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR DROPBOX?
Users who are new to Dropbox can now sign up to Dropbox by simply using their Google account. This implies that by signing there, there is no need to specify a different password for the account. Now you will be wondering if this change also applies to Dropbox users who have already set up an email from a different provider as their Dropbox account email. This does not apply to them, these users can change their Dropbox email address to be able to benefit from the new sign up option as well.
TO SIGN UP USING A GOOGLE ACCOUNT:
- Enter https://www.dropbox.com/account/security#profile in the web browser of any kind.
- You may need to sign in using your existing account if you already have one or depending on your preferences.
- You click on the “change email” option which is under the personal email on the main profile page.
- Carefully follow the steps outlined there to switch to your Google email address.
FOR NEW USERS
- Enter the dropbox.com/account to create your account on any browser of your choice.
- Fill in the required space which includes YOUR FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS, AND PASSWORD then sign up.
- You can now download the application from the Dropbox web page then install the application.
After the installation of the application, a Dropbox folder appears with the user’s other folders. Users can save files to the folder, add a new folder, drag and drop files among folders just as if there were all local. The files saved in the Dropbox folder can be accessed from anywhere provided there is an internet connection. All you need to do is just to log in to your account to upload, download or share files.
To share a file on Dropbox, all you need to do is to generate a URL for it from the Dropbox website and send it out so that others can also view it. Folders can be shared by sending an invitation from the Dropbox website. The recipients who do not have a Dropbox accounts will have to sign up to access the folder, once the has been shared, it will definitely appear on the folder system for each an everyone to have access to it and all members will be able to make changes to the files. Versions of all the files are saved.
- Dropbox – Open a Dropbox free Account and Download Dropbox App | www.dropbox.com
- WHAT IS CODEMENTORX?