Windows 10 is becoming very popular nowadays. Most people love to use windows 10 but are discourage with the MISSING DLL FILES ERROR. Windows 10 is limited if you cannot fix the missing dll files error that always pops out. A lot of important programme requires the presence of the dll files to function.
DLL files are files that serve as a support to most programs. In order for such program to function, they call on the dll files for certain functionality purposes. DLL means Dynamic link library. This file consists of different instructional codes those other programs calls upon for functionality purposes. A dll file can give support to more than one application or program simultaneously.
I know a lot of readers by now want me to go straight to problem solving. Well it’s good to know one or two things about DLL. These files are so important in our pc and because of the amount used and their kind of work, they tends to be the most common errors that appears on our windows especially when we are trying to boot or start our systems and when we are shutting down.
Windows 10 and DLL files | Missing DLL errors
Windows 10 makes use of a lot of DLL files and that makes it susceptible to missing dll errors. So far you operate on windows 10, it is most likely you get the missing dll errors and there are a lot of reasons for this error to occur. Below are common reasons that can cause the dll error:
- Just like some application or instructions, dll files can be corrupted. And when a dll file gets corrupted, you will get the missing dll file pop up.
- You can also get these errors when you mistakenly delete a dll file. This is very common because seeing the dll files most users don’t know its function until they delete it.
- At times these errors could be caused by a problem of over written. This is when the file is written in an old or non-compatible language.
How to fix dll error message
Problem solving! Please read attentively. There are various ways of fixing the error message and I will carefully highlight then out below.
- I have chosen this first because it is the simplest and the easiest of various way of fixing dll error on windows 10. Some dll files missing errors can be temporally. Such can be fixed by just restarting your windows. You can check my previous articles on how to restart your windows 10 system.
- You can also do this if you don’t want to restart. If you just stated receiving the dll error message, there is every possibility that the dll file was recently deleted. So you could simply restore the dll file from the recycle bin. You can check the previous articles on how to restore deleted files from the recycle bin.
- This should not be taken lightly because some viruses can pose as dll files trying to get access to your windows system and prompt the missing dll error. In this case or if you have tried the previous solutions and the error persist, and then you should perform a malware scan on your windows system. Various antiviruses have different steps to scanning systems for malware or virus.
- The dll file error mostly occurs when you try to use some devices with your windows. If this should happen, it means you are getting the error because you have out-dated files or drivers. It is best you update your drivers and make sure the update was done to the latest update to avoid the error popping up again.
- Built in system file check. This can be done when you run the SFC command. This act will scan and even replace missing and corrupted dll files. In order to do this scan, from the command prompt, type “sfc /scannow” then press the enter button. Don’t ignore the spacing between the C and /. After the scan, restart your computer
- You can also solve this problem by repairing system image using the command prompt
- If you keep date and time of the first occurrence, you can use system restore to fix dll error issues on windows 10
- Also if you are using or have installed and application wrongly you can get the error. So in this case, you should uninstall the applications and reinstall it from an authentic source.
Hopefully from any of these procedures your problem should be solved. It worked for me so it should work for you too. Show some love by sharing the words across social Medias.